Thursday, October 24, 2013

Christian Decoratives

"But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
Joshua 24:15


I am at the point in my life where needing to have my own house where it is evident that Christ is a part of my life, is vital. This is where my problem lies.

I'm starting the adventure of attaining a second job so that I can put a deposit down on a modest-sized home. Like I said, I promise, it's an adventure. It's one I've had to pray about for the past year, and have decided it's what would be best for me. I've had to ask God to lead me towards the right path, and I think He has showed me, repeatedly, where I am supposed to go. I'm trying to figure out how to get there, but I know through God, that it will happen. I give it to God and trust.

This is where you come in! I need your help!

I'm trying to find reasonable priced decorative items that express a clear statement: Christ is the center of who I am, but without being tacky. Does that make sense? I need something that doesn't look like you just walked into the vatican. I'm starting to realize that this is about 90% of what is donated at my local goodwill - think 1990's fashion mixed with Catholic Chic, not my favorite look in the world.

I live in the middle of nowhere. Extreme decoration just doesn't make sense here. I want my house to reflect my easy going ways.

Man, I'm starting to realize how tall of an order I'm asking for, guys.

I know this is kind of odd for a blogger to ask of you, but if any of you know of any sellers or items that I should add to my blossoming "collection", I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment